Etsy

08 May 2012

Whole Wheat/White Bread Recipe

Ok, I'm sorry that it took me so long to get this recipe up...it was quite a frustrating thing to get my blog all prettied up. I designed it, and I am super proud of myself. With the help of my techie husband, we finally got it exactly how I want it (for now!)..

I went to my ward's activity and we learned how to make bread. The lady that taught us was an elderly woman who has been making bread for many many years. I love how simple this recipe is and how few ingredients are required. It probably takes a little over an hour plus baking time to make. Plus you can do stuff while you are letting it rise. Best of all..it is delicious! We especially like the wheat bread, but the white is good too.

So without further ado, I present to you...The really easy bread recipe!!


Whole Wheat Bread/White Bread

½ cup warm water
2 Tablespoons yeast

Dissolve yeast in warm water in a small bowl.

2 cups warm water
¼ cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 scant Tablespoon salt
6-7 cups flour

In large bowl add 2 cups warm water, sugar, oil and salt. Add 3 cups flour and stir. Add yeast mixture and stir. Add another 3 cups flour. Stir until it becomes too hard to stir, and then knead with your hands. Add flour and knead until dough doesn’t stick to your hands.

When smooth, put the dough back in the bowl and cover with a towel for 10 minutes.
Knead 5 or 6 times. Cover and let rise 10 minutes.
Knead 5 or 6 times. Cover and let rise 10 minutes.
Knead 5 or 6 times and divide into 2 parts. Shape into a bread loaf. Place into bread pan.

Let rise until double-about 30 mintues. Bake @ 350 for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.


*I like to use my Kitchen Aide mixer so I use the paddle mixer up until it gets too hard to stir and then I switch to the kneading hook for the rest of the time.

This is one of the loafs! I can usually get three loafs like this one out of the recipe.


2 comments: