Etsy

14 May 2013

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese

We are a Macaroni and Cheese loving family (well mostly me), but when it comes to this recipe my husband would eat it whenever. It is so easy, it's baked and I know what is in it. I always feel weird eating the boxed mac and cheeses-even though they are super convenient and I still eat them-because I don't know what's in them. With this recipe it's a real cheese sauce that is just DELICIOUS!




Boil 1 1/2 cups macaroni until tender

Cheese Sauce:
Melt 3 TB butter in saucepan
Add 3 TB flour, 1/2 tsp salt mix
Slowly add 1 1/2 cup milk
Stir with a wire whip

Heat until it comes to a boil. Take off heat and add ½ cup grated cheese.


Pour over cooked macaroni and mix. 
Before the oven
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. During the last 10 minutes, sprinkle ½ cup grated cheese on top.

Let cool for just a few minutes and then scoop up and ENJOY! We like to eat it as a side dish to anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment